TDIC is the Government of Abu Dhabi's development arm to implement the Emirate's tourism assets, and is 100 per cent owned by the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi). TDIC works closely with developers in the private sector, whose involvement is a key priority of the Government's broader tourism strategy.
Established in 2005, as decreed by HH Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler of Abu Dhabi and President of the UAE, TDIC is one of the most stable, reliable and well-funded companies in Abu Dhabi. TDIC benefits from robust government backing and is classified as one of the three 'irreplaceable' state-owned enterprises in the Emirate.
TDIC continues to maintain a high investment grade rating of AA from top credit rating agency Standard & Poor's. This rating aligns with the sovereign credit risk of of the Government of Abu Dhabi and is indicative of the support TDIC enjoys from the Government.
Key Credit Strengths
- 100 per cent government ownership
- Mandated by the Government of Abu Dhabi to develop tourism assets
- Portfolio of assets is driven by the government's vision
- Executive Council members are represented on the TDIC board
- Government-funded, with a proven track record
- A flexible business model